Oporto Famous Sandwich - Francesinha
- Time 30 minutes
- Serves 1
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2 slices of smoked ham
- 4 slices of cheese
- 1 grilled sausage
- 1 fried or roasted slice of beef
- Both the sausage and the beef should be cooked or reheated before assembling the sandwich
- 1 beer
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp concentrated tomato paste
- 1/4 cup brandy or Port
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- chilli flakes to taste
- salt (if needed)
How to make it
- Dissolve cornstarch into the milk and add all the ingredients. Blend the liquid mix on a food processor.
- Put it into a pan over low heat and add the bay leaves . Stir it until it starts to boil. It's ready - reserve.
- Assemble the sandwich and save 2 slices of cheese.
- Put the sandwich on a plate and place the 2 slices of cheese on top.
- Pour the sauce over the sandwich (should be hot, so the cheese melts).
- Credit: http://www.grouprecipes.com/69715/oporto-famous-sandwich---francesinha.html